David Patrick James Green, M.S.
Florida Gulf Coast University
Department of Marine and Ecological Sciences
SENCER Leadership Fellow
Twitter: @DGENVBIO View David’s CV
Whitaker Hall #124
10501 FGCU Blvd. S.
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
BS: University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida; 1996
Marine Science and Biology Dual Degree (Minor - Chemistry)
MS: Florida International University, Miami, Florida; 2007
Thesis: “Community Structure and Physiological Stresses of Oligohaline Zone Fishes in South Florida”
SIRFER Certified: University of Utah: Salt Lake City, Utah; Summer 2005; Ehleringer Lab
GIS Certification: NOAA’s Introduction to Coastal GIS Certification; Penn State University’s Master’s Program (ongoing)
RESEARCH AND SCHOLARLY INTERESTS
· Aquatic foodweb ecology using stable isotopes to help explain energy pathways and trophic positions;
· Mangrove ecology;
· Everglades Restoration activities and key indicator species (wading birds);
· Scholarship of Teaching and Learning;
· Incorporating emerging technologies in course curricula.
· Commitment to Service Faculty Award (2013 - from The Office of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement)
· SENCER Leadership Fellow (2012)
· FGCU Presidential Award for Best Practices in Teaching (2012)
· FGCU “Teaching Excellence” Award (2011)
Manuscripts in preparation:
Green DPJ and JC Trexler. submitted – in revision. Salinity impacts δ13C and δ15N stable isotopic fractionation in soma and liver tissues of two poeciliid fishes.
Green DPJ and J Sparrow. Submitted – in review. Flipping an Introductory Science Class Using Emerging Technologies.
Green DPJ. in prep. Using GIS-based Curricula To Enhance Student Research Through Service-learning. (Back to Top)
· Environmental Biology: Ecosystems of Southwest Florida
· Environmental Science Scale-up
· Marine Systems: Introduction to Oceanography
· First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) Fellow
· Marine Science Internships Coordination
· Marine Science Senior Research Projects Coordination
· General Ecology
· Everglades and Freshwater Supply Concerns
· Growth and Resources (Honor’s)
· Scientific Process
· University Colloquium
· Study Abroad in Pantanal Wetlands of Brazil
· Latin American Environments
· Cultural Ecology (Back to Top)
· CREW QR Code Interpretive Trail
· CREW Trail Maintenance
· Audubon Panther Island Refuge Education and Outreach Materials
· Bonita Nature Place Nature Trail Construction and Maintenance
· Barefoot Beach Preserve Education and Outreach Assistance
· Barefoot Beach Preserve GIS Map of Trails, Features, and Data
· Bunche Beach Preserve Salt Marsh Flats Maintenance
· FGCU Campus Map
Communicating Ongoing Research Activities & Sustainability Features:
View Larger Map
Click on the “SENCER” logo to learn more about SENCER @ FGCU!
Santa Clara, CA SSI 2012 DC Symposium 2013
Click on the poster icons to enlarge sizes & learn about SENCER course redesigns!
Reusable Learning Object Example
(This is an example of the types of eLearning materials I create and make available to my students to assist with student engagement.) (Back to Top)